Sunday 6 January 2013

Breaking Bad

Photobucket
Watching Breaking Bad has really made me appreciate my life in Canada.
I watch the first season of this show and all I can think is, this poor guy
He's a teacher, but just to help make ends meet, he has to get a job at a car wash
then as if God just took another shit on him, now he has cancer
I watch as he has to pay all these hospital bills that he can't afford to try and save himself
and then just so he can pay, he begins cooking meth.
I know there a lot of better ways he could have done it, but still.
Only in America would this happen
Only in America would someone be forced to break the law in order to pay his own hospital bills
I thank the Lord that I was born into a country that believes in Universal Health Care
A country where if I get sick, my family won't have to worry about not being able to get me the treatment
because of how much it will cost them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment